ISSM/SMSNA Safety Code of Conduct
ISSM and SMSNA are dedicated to providing a safe meeting experience for all participants involved including attendees, exhibitors, staff, vendors, and anyone else that will be present at the 23rd Annual Fall Scientific Meeting of SMSNA & 23rd ISSM Scientific Meeting.
Given that the responsibility for a safe in-person meeting is equally shared among meeting organizers, meeting vendors, meeting exhibitors, and meeting attendees, ISSM and SMSNA has developed the following code of conduct which all participants are expected to abide by. This document outlines what is and is not acceptable or expected behavior. By collectively adhering to this code of conduct, we are respecting and advocating for each other’s well-being.
Before Leaving Home
- We strongly recommend that you take an at home rapid COVID test 24-48 hours prior to departing for the meeting.
- Follow relevant guidance provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the World Health Organization (WHO).
- Adhere to government issued travel restrictions and guidance issued by the region you will be traveling to and the region you are traveling from.
- Evaluate your own health and that of people you are in close contact with, and do not attend the meeting if you are exhibiting any symptoms of COVID. See symptoms here.
On-site During the Meeting
- Assume all risks of attending an in-person meeting, including the potential risk of becoming infected with COVID-19.
- Agree to abide by the guidelines and restrictions communicated by ISSM and SMSNA, the venue, state and/or local guidelines. This may include but is not limited to masking requirements, social distancing, etc.
- Follow guidance from the local health authority for everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses, including:
- Washing hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or an alcohol-based sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoiding touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Covering your nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing. Throw used tissues in the trash.
If a participant chooses to not follow the rules and regulations listed in this code of conduct, ISSM and SMSNA may take any action deemed appropriate depending on the circumstances, ranging from issuance of a warning to the offending individual to expulsion from the meeting with no refund.
If at any point you feel unsafe because another participant is not following the code of conduct, please contact ISSM and SMSNA. To communicate with the ISSM/SMSNA Meeting Team before, during, or after the meeting, please use the following contact information.
Name: ISSM/SMSNA Meeting Team
Phone: +31 (0)75-647 63 72 (European office) or +1 (952) 683 1917 (US office)